Thursday 31 August 2017

EV100 here I come!


With celebrations already underway for the 100th birthday of the Estonian Republic, I thought I should get myself organised and book my flight to Tallinn for the big day on February 24! I know it's only August but I have to be realistic, flights will only become more expensive as time goes by and good accommodation will most definitely become scarce.  Now I can relax knowing everything has been taken care of. 

I arrive on February 22nd which is an important date for me, it's my grandmother's birthday amongst other things. One thing I am particularly looking forward to during my next trip to Estonia is exploring the new Estonian National Museum in Tartu. Judging by the photographs I have seen online the exhibitions look absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to see them for myself!

No trip to Estonia is ever complete without bringing home at least half a dozen loaves of delicious rye bread. It's sacred to all Estonians! Let's see how many loaves I manage to fit into my suitcase this time! I'm striving for 10+!